In Theatre Marketing, the skills measured are:
• Introduce self and Thespian troupe number
• Description of the play
• Dates of performance/number of shows
• Description of executing the marketing plan (self and/or team responsibility)
• Creative development
• Collaboration with production team
• Target market (outside of school)
• Research or inspiration to develop the design concept, if any
• How the marketing design concept matches the production design
• The development and creation of the marketing campaign’s design concept
• Reflections on what might be done differently if more time, money, etc., were available.
• Describe and demonstrate the components of the marketing campaign (posters, tickets, promotional handouts, social media, etc.)
• Explain how and where the marketing was distributed
• Make clear the consistency in marketing (from the same campaign)
• Identify elements (images, colors, fonts, etc.) changed to fit the media of marketing components.
• Indicate budget versus money spent
• Make note of free services (i.e. copies, printing) or vendor donations
• Determine what the actual or comparable service would cost
• Number of tickets sold per performance versus house capacity
• Compare the outcome to a similar show previously produced.
Download the rubric below.