ALL STAR TROUPE DISPLAY
The Junior All Star Troupe Display is a great opportunity for your troupe to share your activities with the rest of the state!
The Troupe Display will be rated by a panel of judges according to their content, creativity and originality.
Troupe Scrapbook - 30%
Community/School Service – 40%
Production History – 20%
Display Theme – 10%
Tech Team Challenge
* included in registration, winners announced at the closing ceremony Awards celebration
The Tech Challenge is a series of events that are designed to test your knowledge of basic skills that every technician should have. The combination of team and individual events underline the principle that theatre technicians do not work alone and an ensemble that works together to accomplish the given tasks makes the production successful. In technical theatre both time and accuracy are critical to a successful outcome. As artists we demand excellence in the tasks we are given, but as technicians we also have to perform the tasks quickly and efficiently so as not to disrupt the production process.
The Tech Challenge consists of 4 events, individual and team (or pair) events. These events represent the basic skills that every technician should possess to be well-rounded theatre professionals. Technical skill training will be available through the "Tech Playland" in the morning sessions. There shall be a team score sheet carried by the teams for their results from the judges.
You will select your students who will represent your school/troupe the day of Festival.
* All participants MUST wear closed toed shoes on the event floor. If the judges determine a student is not wearing appropriate footwear, the student will not be allowed to compete.
Events MAY include a selection of FOUR of the following:
Knots – (Individual Event). Two people per team can try this event, and each gets one try
Lights – (Team Event). Two people per team with one try.
Sew a button – (Individual Event) Two people per team can participate in this event, and each gets one try.
Costumes – (Pair Event) One pair from the team; - one try.
Tape a floor – (Team Event) - one try.
Fold a drop – (Team Event) - one try.
Prop Shift - (Pair Event) One pair per team; one try.
Sound Setup - (Pair Event) One pair per team; one try.
Cable Relay - (Team Event) - one try.
Works in Progress- WIP
- Open to all troupes
- One entry per troupe/school.
- Entry fee is $25
- Time limit is 7 minutes, and will be performed in a one-hour block.
- You may bring: a song, a dance, an acting scene, leads only, full cast, ensemble only - anything on or off book that shows a glimpse of what you are working on. You do not need costume pieces., but you may wear them if you want.
- Scenes will receive feedback from an adjudicator.
- This is a great way to test out the voices, the dances and the script.
- Bring your own pre-recorded piano track;
- Sound system will be provided; bring your own iPhone or Android dongle to plug in
- Storage is not available, all pieces will be brought in at the time of your performance and must leave with you.