1. What does registration cover?
- All Four Super Saturdays
- Archival workshop access until 2021
- Main Stage Performance Viewings
- Festival Swag
2. What events are offered over the four Super Saturdays?
We will still offer the following events, with modifications, for a digital submission option. Please note, not all events will take place each Saturday. We will provide submission dates and guidelines for each entry.
- College Auditions
- Thespian Scholarships
- Thespys (Formerly National Qualifying Individual Events)
- Dance Challenge
- NextGen Works
- Improv Challenge
- State Thespian Officer Candidacy
- Technical Theatre Quizbowl
- Mainstage Performances
3. What events are modified this year due to limitations?
- Tech Challenge - Replaced with Technical Theatre Quizbowl
- All Star Troupe Display - Included in Leadership Academy
- Team Design Challenge - combined in to one cohesive concept, instead of 4 different events
- Marathon Plays - will not be available for VTTSF
4. What are the registration fees?
- Registration for Troupe Director - $50
- Shipping Per Troupe - $20
- Registration for High School or Junior High Delegate - $50
- Thespys - $15 Per Delegate
- College Auditions - $15 Per Delegate
- Scholarship Auditions - $15 Per Delegate
- Dance Challenge - $15 Per Delegate
- Team Design - $15 Per Team of 4
- Improv Challenge - $15 Per Team of 4 to 6
- NextGen Works - $15 Per Delegate
5. What is a Super Saturday?
The Super Saturdays will offer several events throughout the day. Each Saturday will feature a different set of events. Events will run from 9 AM - 9 PM.
Sample Super Saturday Schedule :
- Welcome Messages
- Workshop Session 1
- Workshop Session 2
- Workshop Sessions 3
- Workshop Session 4
- Evening Celebrations
Teachers will have Professional Development workshops and a Teachers Lounge for networking.
*During the Lunch and Dinner sessions, attendees will be able to visit with Thespian Festival Vendors and College Theatre Representatives.
6. What if we already have events planned on these days?
That's okay! Workshops and Thespian Events will be recorded so you can log back in anytime before January 2021 to view them!
7. Do you have to have a Thespian Troupe to attend?
No, however there are events that require students to be inducted Thespians. Those events are Thespian Scholarship Interviews, Thespys, and State Thespian Officer Candidates.
8. Can troupes still get involved in Leadership Academy?
Yes! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
9.What is “Thespys”?
Thespys is the new branding for Individual Events. It is short for the International Thespian Excellence Awards.
10. How will Thespys be submitted this year?
Thespys will be recorded and submitted through the virtual thespian platform.
11. When will guidelines for Thespys (IEs) be out?
We receive these from the National office, check the Thespys (IEs) page for specifics now.
12. What are the submission deadlines for this year?
We have a few options on submission deadlines. Go HERE for a magic sheet of dates.
14. Do you have a refund policy?
No refunds after October 8th. Details in registration process.
15. Is there any helpful paperwork or forms we can use to collect information from our students?
Yes, please go HERE, our forms page for helpful resources. It includes documents you can send out, a digital form option, and a short presentation to explain state festival. These are all options to collect info from the students in order for you to input their registration information.