Updated Info for 2020 Festival!
Much like play festivals and fringe performances, it’s all about ACTING. Bring your best and brightest performers for Play Marathons and rock the stage! Shows can be original works, published works, one-acts, cut plays (with the publisher's permission only), improv showcases, readers' theater, or any theater-related performance piece.
- Bring your own scenic elements and props. SIMPLEST IS BEST. There is absolutely NO STORAGE available for any pieces of your show. Plan accordingly.
- Bring your own marketing materials, programs for 500, and a house crew.
- Time slots are one (1) hour. You will have 10 minutes to set up, 10 minutes to strike, and 40 minutes for your play.
Adjudication Process (PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE STEPS):
1. Fill out Marathon Stage Adjudication Form by September 25, 2020. This form states your intention to do a show for festival and gives us information about your show. Go HERE to fill out the form.
2. Video is uploaded and link sent by October 9th to Matthew Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will be notified if you are chosen for a Marathon by October 11, 2020. If you need to make any changes to your registration Amy Jordan (Chapter President) will help you.
4. Video Information is below (NEW FOR 2020) - Videos must be 15 minute
- Video must be a 5 min presentation by your Director and Tech Director highlighting
- Directors Concept
- Set Design (talk about transitions, hanging and flying units, model would be great!)
- Lighting Design (any additions needed)
- Sound Design (any additions needed)
- Costume Design (renderings would be great to see!)
- How you will adapt to CAD drawings above for the spaces/traveling
- Extra: What you experience you have in travelling a show
- 10 min scene(s)/number(s) for your show - this needs to be as put together as you can!
Please Note: Not all schools who submit will be chosen to perform. Schools that can show the adjudication panel they have a prepared plan, prepared design, and are prepared to travel a show, will be chosen.
If you have any questions please contact Matthew Peters at email@example.com
*If interested, shows can compete to represent Texas at the International Thespian Festival at Nationals. There is no charge to be adjudicated for Chapter Select Plays. Please check that box on the form above.
Go HERE for possible schedule! This can change completely before festival!