What is Leadership Academy?
The Leadership Academy is a year-long training program for the developed troupe, the struggling troupe, and the troupe that is transitioning to new leadership.
Troupes are provided opportunities to learn “Best Practices” through supplemental information and guides shared online throughout the year.
Troupes around Texas participate in both the Leadership Days and Texas Thespian Leadership Academy, which develops leadership skills, improves troupe dynamics, and teaches Troupe Officers how to advocate for Theatre in their schools and communities.
Those troupes who attain Honor Troupe status are awarded a plaque and a banner and are featured in social media.
Join the Leadership Academy and take your troupe to new heights!
These additional guides will be released monthly and include check-in points for your troupe to work toward the recognition of Honor Troupe. The following months will be dedicated to each additional “best practices” tools.
- August/May – How to Run a Troupe More Successfully
- September/February – Outreach and Community Service
- October/January – Advocacy
- November/March – Troupe Growth and Involvement
- December/April – Celebrations and Accolades
Honor Troupes of Texas
2020 Fall Texas Honor Troupes
2021 Spring Texas Honor Troupes
- June 21st and August 3rd online via zoom
- August 7th at either Prosper HS or Carver HS
- 9am to 3pm
- Cost $100 for your entire team
- Includes Leadership Academy for the year as you and your Troupe work towards Honor Troupe Recognition for Thespians!
- Boxed lunch option for in-person
- Leadership Shirts for sale; can be pre-ordered for guaranteed size!
- Registration confirmation is sent to the troupe director with online rotation and login process for virtual dates
- STOs share information, documents and videos via Zoom
- Troupes should meet together in one space to work through activities or meet online/zoom.
- Have access to some type of technology (phone, ipad, laptop).
- Bring food & water for breaks.